Gearbulk is committed to the protection of the environment, preventing pollution and creating enduring value while providing industry leading and innovative ocean transport services.
To achieve these aims Gearbulk will:
- Use an Environmental Management System to monitor and evaluate how our business activity impacts the environment, analyse the results and set improvement targets that are reviewed as part of our business management process.
- We will comply with all applicable environmental legislation and regulations and strive, where practical, to reduce our impact on the environment by meeting legislation early and exceeding compliance requirements.
- Apply environmentally-friendly technologies and best practices to continually improve our operational efficiency and reduce Gearbulk’s impact on the environment.
- Promote awareness of environmental protection, energy conservation and waste reduction within the organisation through our policies and procedures and the training and development of our employees.
- Engage our employees, customers and suppliers to achieve a shared commitment for responsible environmental stewardship.
This Policy will be communicated to all staff, contractors and suppliers, and be available for the public.
Gearbulk Group Chairman