WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT AND PREVENTING POLLUTION – CREATING SUSTAINABLE VALUE WHILE PROVIDING INNOVATIVE, WORLD-LEADING OCEAN TRANSPORT SERVICES.
To make this happen we will:
- Use an Environmental Management System to monitor and evaluate our environmental impacts, set improvement targets and review these as part of our business management process.
- As a minimum, meet all environmental legislation. Over and above this, dedicate resources to finding innovative solutions which will exceed the requirements.
- Use environmentally-friendly technologies and best practices to continually improve our operational efficiency and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Promote awareness of environmental protection, energy conservation and waste reduction in the organisation, through our policies, procedures and staff training and development.
- Engage our employees, customers and suppliers to make sure everyone is equally committed to responsible environmental stewardship.
Environmental Management Systems
Our integrated Safety Management System and Planned Maintenance System are hosted in a single software, and audited and approved annually by DNV on behalf the Bahamas, Norway and Panama Flag Administrations.
We are making good progress, particularly in the areas of CO2 emissions, fuel consumption, waste management and office consumption.
Since 2015, a key focus has been improving the energy efficiency of the fleet. All vessels are now equipped with sensor technology to measure and monitor fuel performance. Propeller boss cap fins, which enhance the effect of the propeller, are standard on vessels suitable for this technology. Advanced Biofouling is applied to the hulls of most of the vessels in the fleet.
We welcome tighter regulations which are essential to reducing our carbon footprint, helping us to become a sustainable industry while continuing to serve the world economy.
In 2018 we implemented an organisation-wide Plastics Policy, enabling us to reduce the need and use of plastics, improve recycling and create awareness among our employees, suppliers and customers.
In 2021 we installed water purifiers on all our vessels, gave all crew members sustainable drinking bottles, and prohibited the purchase of plastic drinking bottles on all vessels.